If you are in need of Japanese business etiquette information, or are looking for a holiday gift suggestion, Japan Intercultural Consulting's founder Rochelle Kopp and European Representative Pernille Rudlin have written a new book together, The Lowdown: Business Etiquette Japan. It's available as an audio book or ebook (Kindle) and as a BlackBerry App.
This “quick fix” guide will give you the inside information on how to do business with the Japanese. It contains all the key things you need to know, in a concise and helpful format.
There’s nothing particularly mysterious or complicated about doing business with the Japanese, but there are some important rules you need to know in order to avoid causing offense and to ensure that things go smoothly.
The Lowdown: Business Etiquette Japan will give you practical tips on how to navigate your way through a business trip to Japan, and on how to behave (and what to avoid!) in both business and social situations.
This guide will help you maximize your time in Japan and interacting with your Japanese colleagues, thus making your business dealings both more successful and more enjoyable.
Topics Covered Include:
- Preparing for your trip
- Understanding Japanese communication styles
- How to navigate your first business meeting – what to do and what NOT to do!
- Overcoming the language barrier
- Understanding the importance of hierarchy - consensus-building, nemawashi, and protocol
- How to handle social situations and understand their critical importance for building business relationships
- Hosting Japanese visitors
- Special tips for women doing business with Japanese
- A list of useful phrases