Japan Intercultural Consulting welcomes inquiries from experienced cross-cultural professionals. Interested parties should send their résumé here. Japan Intercultural Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The following are the typical qualifications for our consultants and seminar facilitators:
- At least 10 years of corporate business experience across multiple cultures.
- For non-Japanese, bilingual in Japanese and one’s native language, with the ability to present a full-day seminar in Japanese. This means Japanese language fluency at the Level 1 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test and/or BJT (formerly JETRO) Business Japanese Proficiency Test.
- For Japanese, bilingual in Japanese and a second language, with the ability to present a full-day seminar in the second language.
- Master’s degree and/or relevant certifications preferable; exceptions are made for those with in-depth and highly applicable work experience.
- Proficiency in giving presentations and/or leading training seminars.
Please refer to the profiles under the “Our Team” section to get a sense of the level of experience on our team. Unless you meet that standard and the qualifications above, we request that you refrain from contacting us.
We occasionally offer internships but they are typically part-time remote positions rather than in-person ones. Because our work involves confidential client information and is often conducted on-site at clients, we do not offer any full-time summer internships for college students.
Those who are considering a career in the intercultural field may want to watch the video below in which Japan Intercultural Consulting founder Rochelle Kopp shares advice for those who say “I’d like to have a job like yours!”